Did you know IRUSA has seven regional offices around the country, for maximum impact to help those in need?
This month, we’re happy to introduce you to the the South West regional office team. They’re pretty great, if we do say so ourselves.
So without further adieu, let’s find out more about the South West regional office!
IRUSA Headquarters: So, who are you gals and guys?
SW: We’ve got 10 staff members who all work together in different, yet complementary ways, to create the biggest impact for our brothers and sisters in need. They are:
Daud Mohmand, National Events and Project Manager
Ghulam Kehar, Interim Associate Director of US Programs
Muhammad Niyaz, Regional Fund Development Manager
Imran Bholat, Development Coordinator
Lena Maasarani, National Events Planner
Susan Ahmed, Regional US Programs Coordinator – West
Nur Bayaa, Regional Assistant – West
Syed Hussaini, Events Coordinator
Miriam Motaweh, Regional Assistant
Salah Habib, Development Coordinator
Ali Mir, Volunteer Coordinator
Diana Darwish, Fundraising Coordinator
Islamic Relief USA Headquarters: Awesome. Thank you so much for all your hard work. We know you’re all super busy. What have you been up to lately?
SW: After being swamped with the Qurbani/Udhiyah season, we at the South West office are just now getting back to normal routine.
That means planning for future programs and activities. Some of the major things we are working on are:
- The 2019 Evening of Inspiration: Promise for Palestine Tour. We will host the world famous Mohammed Assaf on October 6, 2019, in Anaheim, CA.
- Community leadership meetings with IRUSA Executive Staff that we are organizing in different cities in our region.
- We are also planning important fundraising dinners in Anaheim, Phoenix, Denver, Salt Lake City, San Diego, and San Fernando Valley.
- Upcoming Islamic Relief USA Meal Packs
- Finally, we are joining other organizations to do local relief activities like packing food and feeding our homeless neighbors in different cities.
Islamic Relief Headquarters: You really are busy working together for a better world. How can donors who want to connect with you find out more or to be part of your initiatives?
SW:Donors can contact us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
And there you have it folks, your South West regional office in a nutshell! Stay tuned for our next regional office spotlight next month.