IRUSA is #GivingTuesday to Yemen.
#GivingTuesday takes place on 11/27/18 and is a global day of giving fueled by social media collaboration. Here’s six ways IRUSA challenges you to participate!
1. Help IRUSA give desperately need warmth to the people of Yemen.
Did you know that IRUSA is #GivingTuesday to Yemen? Thousands in Yemen are now facing bitter cold in addition to famine. You can help us deliver direly-needed items like blankets, mattresses, winter clothes, stoves and heating devices to families who desperately need them. Help a family get through the winter in Yemen by giving now. Every bit helps!
2. Donate new or gently used coats, gloves, socks, and other warm winter clothes to a local charity to distribute to the homeless.
IRUSA doesn’t do clothing drives, but we love to support our friends who do. Check out this awesome initiative One Warm Coat, and find the drop off location closest to you!
3. Volunteer to help feed people at a local shelter.
You can search hundreds of food pantries and soup kitchens by state here!
4. Warm someone up from the inside with your smile!
The Prophet (pbuh) said, “Smiling in the face of your brother is charity.” 🙂
5. Cook a warm meal to share with your neighbors!
Sharing meals is a forgotten sunnah that spreads warmth to the whole community. Need some ideas for recipes? Check out the series IRUSA did earlier this year, Cooks for a Cause!
6. Call your parents and tell them you love them 🙂
Warmth can be a blanket, and it can also be a kind word. Never underestimate how much a simple phone call will mean to someone you love.